Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Froot Loops

I've been eating a bunch of "kids" cereals lately for some reason. I go through these little mini-addictions a lot so I'm sure this one will wear itself out and I'll go back to eating Chex and Raisin Bran again but I'm having fun right now. Recently, a lot of the cereal brands have put their big boxes of cereal on sale so that probably has something to do with this. When you can buy a 22 oz box of Sugar Smaks for the same cost of a bag of puffed wheat, it makes the mini-addiction much easier.

Yesterday it was Cap'n Crunch and Froot Loops. When you were a kid did you ever take the broken-in-half Froot Loops and stick one end through a whole Froot loop and imagine it was a Mexican person wearing a sombrero? Well I did and I fascinated myself for about 15 minutes doing it again yesterday. Yesterday was a day for being lazy and just being a kid again.

Friday and Saturday were kind of hectic. Deb and I knew we were throwing this wedding reception party for Scott and Melissa on Saturday night out at the farm. But I think if we could have found a way out of it, we would have. Because we knew that to have people over meant we would have to clean up the farm house that we have pretty much let go since September. It's not like it was that much of a disaster. Not like it was unhygienic or anything but it certainly was cluttered. So my mandate for cleaning was anything that is downstairs that does not belong, put it in a box and take it upstairs, I'll sort it out later on.

So we got to the farm around 9:30 PM and it took us until just past midnight to do that part of it. Then we vacuumed piles of dead lady bugs from where the outside plants sat inside all winter and pretty much passed out. Still had some boxes sitting around but it was a hell of a lot cleaner. We saw some dust and cobwebs so we picked ourselves up and Deb took care of the dust while I attacked the cobwebs. By 2:30 am, it was at least presentable. Deb asked what I was going to do about the kitchen and the bathroom and I said I'd get up at 6 am and take care of those. I was supposed to meet Rob at 9 am to go to Iowa and pick up the fireworks for the party that night. This would be the first time since 9/11 that we'd gone up to the plant to get fireworks and we knew there would be new regulations so we wanted to go early.

About 2:45, Deb and I went to bed and for some reason, she was feeling a bit horny. Not that I'd ever complain about that but for some reason lately, it's been happening at weird times. We made love for about an hour and a half. It was very, very nice because we did a lot of talking during. Nothing of major importance, just talking. Exploring fantasies and such. Holding her petite naked body against me at one point and running my hands down her back and over her perfect ass, I marveled at the fact that she was with me. Certainly I've never done anything to be that deserving. She does have her faults and she can irritate the piss out of me at times but she has one redeeming feature that outshines all of her faults and that is the fact that she puts up with me and all my faults which is a really big consideration. Of all the women I've been with, she and I fit the best. The lovemaking was exhausting, but in a very good way. We were both too weak to move afterward. She didn't even get up to get a drink of water or smoke as she usually does. We just fell into a sweaty naked heap and held each other. When I woke up the next morning, I realized we had not moved. We were still clinging to one another all nice and warm and naked. I was even on the wrong side of the bed. I really felt like sleeping in too. But if it had not been the alarm going off at 6:15 and waking me up, it would have been the phone call at 6:30 from my cousin the farmer telling me to make sure my truck was out of the driveway and leave the field gate open so he could get in and disk to fields.

So I got up and left Deb snuggled beneath the quilts. Turned off the alarm and headed downstairs. Got the truck moved, opened the gate and headed back inside to do the dishes. By 8:30, I managed to get the kitchen cleaned as well as the bathroom. My cousin showed up around 8:15 and started the disking. As the rich soil was being turned over, the smell of fresh earth came floating back to the house......mmmmmm...more signs of Spring. I made a pot of coffee for Deb and woke her up around 8:45 and told her I was getting ready to leave. She wandered downstairs heading for the coffee pot while I did some finishing touches on the bathroom. I had told her the floor was wet and slick since I had just mopped. The phone rang and I hear the following from the kitchen, Deb's voice "I'll get it!" then a loud THUMP then "Oh fucking shit ass hell!!!" I dashed out of the bathroom to see Deb holding her knee and laying on the floor and still swearing. She didn't look dead so I ran and got the phone and came back in to the kitchen holding the phone and trying to see if Deb was OK. She was cursing but sort of laughing at herself and I started laughing which actually made her mad. It was Rob on the phone asking where I was, I laughingly told him Deb had just busted her ass on the wet kitchen floor after I told her it was wet. He laughed too. I told him I'd be there it a minute or two. I hung up and got Deb up an helped her to a chair and kissed he boo boo for her. She told me she was Ok and to go on and meet Rob. So I hugged her and kissed her and left.

It took Rob and I an hour and a half to get up to the plant and then another hour to fill out paper work. We got over to the building to pick out all our fireworks and the guy who was watching the place didn't know what to charge us since his boss had told him to make us a good deal. So it ended up he charged us regular prices for the Class B items and half price for the Class C. he also threw 2 denim longsleeve shirts with the plant logo on then in for free. In all we got $800 worth of fireworks for $360. I hope he's that generous next weekend when we go up to pick up the stuff for the NC show because we will have $2000 to spend then.

Rob and I went ahead and got one sting of 50,000 firecrackers. These are comparable to a string of 50,000 of the old M-80's which are now illegal in the US. We wanted to test it before taking two of them to NC with us. We also got a 100 shot Magnum Load Thunder King. Afterwards we headed on back so I could finish up some outside tasks and he and I could set up for the fireworks show that evening.

We got back to Rushville around 2:30. Thankfully my cousin was done in the fields. The fact that he had disked was good because it meant we had less fuel on the ground to catch fire with any fall out from the fireworks. I got my tractor out and pulled some big oak logs up around the fire circle. Soaked the old fence posts I had brought up last week with kerosene and got my chainsaw out and cut up the dead elm tree I had dragged up last week too. That would be more than enough firewood.

Rob got there around 4:15 with all the fireworks and we started tying all the cakes together and joining all the fuses. We put up a 16 foot 4x4 in the front field and rigged it so we could hoist the 50,000 firecracker string up it. Even when we did it, we still had 3 feet of firecrackers trailing on the ground. We got the cakes set out and put foil over them. We rigged up a finale on 12 - 1.75 inch salutes, 2 - 3 inch salutes and 1 - 4 inch salute and then the Thunder King. There was going to be a bunch of noise!

Gwen and Deb got back around 5:30 with all the food, two kinds of potatoes salad. 4 dozen deviled eggs, a huge crock of baked beans, hot dogs, bratwurst, chips and a cooler full of beer. What more could you want for a redneck wedding reception? I lit the fire about 6 and people started showing up. Scott an Melissa who brought their two kids and Rob and Gwen's son Evin. Robbie Caputo and his wife Susan and daughter Carrie. Scott's parents whom I'd never met but were really good people. Chad showed up with his new love interest, Janet Sue. We were all hoping his wife (whom he's in the middle of a divorce from), Allison did not show up or there would have been fireworks of a different kind. I'd spread the word that she was not welcome at my place anymore so I really hoped there would not be a confrontation between her and me as well. She never showed up though. Catfish came over and brought his squeeze. Ballpark and Brenda showed up for awhile. It was all good. We feasted and the four of us who were lighting the fireworks refrained from drinking until afterwards. The fireworks show was awesome. I'd called all my neighbors to warn them and they came out on their lawns in lawnchairs and watched and cheered. We got reports from people as far away as Ripley the next day that they had seen the show and everyone loved it. The 50,000 firecracker string was louder than hell and it echoed down the hollow into the woods which is always a great sound. Scott and Melissa were impressed and very thankful that we had thrown them a party. Hey, it's not everyday someone gets married that actually has a shot of staying together.

After the fireworks, we all sat around drinking and shooting the breeze. I got out two bottles of Duplin County, NC Magnolia wine and Scott and I got buzzed together. Nothing so good as sitting around a blazing bonfire sipping sweet wine right from the bottle and passing it around.

The party lasted 'till about midnight and then wound down. The fire was still going when everyone left but I rolled the big logs out and pushed dirt up around the circle so it wouldn't go anywhere. Deb and I went in to watch a little TV and promptly fell asleep in the chair and on the couch respectively. I was awakened about 2:30 am by coyotes howling out back. Guess the fireworks hadn't scared them all away after all. I woke Deb up and carried her up to the bed and we passed out again. I was awakened by thunder around 5:30 and fell back to sleep to the sound of rain knowing it would put the fire out.

We got up around 10:30 and I made Deb Little Smokey sausages and hashbrowns and I had a bowl of Cap'n Crunch as well. Rob and Robbie showed up around 1 and we cleaned up the fireworks mess then they went home. Deb and I spent the rest of the day being lazy and watching TV. We figured we deserved it. We got back to the city around 11 PM and were in bed by 1 am. It's raining again today and I don't feel much like working but I have a bunch of Illustrator files I need to transmit to Layout for the book.

Only three weeks until the NC trip. I'm getting anxious!




( 9 comments — Leave a comment )
Apr. 8th, 2002 03:43 pm (UTC)
When you were a kid did you ever take the broken-in-half Froot Loops and stick one end through a whole Froot loop and imagine it was a Mexican person wearing a sombrero? Well I did and I fascinated myself for about 15 minutes doing it again yesterday.

I was about to say something, but then I realized I can amuse myself for hours with a glitter pen. Shiiiiinnnnyyyyy.

Apr. 8th, 2002 03:49 pm (UTC)
It was amazing because I hadnpt thought of doing that for at least 20 years. Makes me wonder what else I've forgotten about. The sombrero thing is especially interesting if you use a green half-Froot Loop and a red whole Froot Loop. Then it looks like the little chilli pepper wit ha sombrero on the Old El Paso chilli cans. Oh and I got a Spider Man wrist water squirter in my box of Corn Pops. And today at lunch, I noticed big boxes of Honey Combs are now on sale. Post must be running out of storage space atthe factory or something.

Apr. 8th, 2002 03:53 pm (UTC)
Note to self: Get Corn Pops for prize inside. Must squirt someone with water.

My favorite kid's cereal is Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch. It never lasted at my house between me and my dad, but now even peanut butter is a no-no. He knows he can't stay away from the evil brown paste in a jar so he doesn't buy it anymore.
Apr. 8th, 2002 03:55 pm (UTC)
I looked for PB Cap'n Crunch the otehr day but it was not on sale. Only the original and Crunch Berries. Maybe it's because of your dad that the other is not on sale. One thing I had forgotten about Cap'n Crunch is that when it gets a little soggy, it kinda forms this glue in your mouth and sticks to your teeth bad.

Apr. 8th, 2002 04:01 pm (UTC)
it kinda forms this glue in your mouth and sticks to your teeth bad.
That's what makes it so good!

If you want real fun, put a half-finished bowl of Cheerios in the sink and turn on the water. They look like life preservers, they act like life preservers.
Apr. 8th, 2002 04:05 pm (UTC)
Oh the joys of cereal. It's vastly under rated as a form of entertainment!

Apr. 8th, 2002 04:07 pm (UTC)
No wonder it's such a chore to get kids ready for school. They're too busy playing with their breakfast!
Apr. 8th, 2002 08:47 pm (UTC)
Kids cereal = Why I had kids

You know what? I like reading about your sexual experiences not just because I'm a pervert, but also because you always show this sort of tenderness in your writing, and I can really tell that you care a lot about Deb. It's wonderfully refreshing.
Apr. 9th, 2002 06:52 am (UTC)
That's why I read yours too. Plus you get it more often than I do and I'm living vicariously through your experiences....heheheheh. But really, I just don't know any otehr way of treating someone you love.


( 9 comments — Leave a comment )


Wander aka StoneBear
Bear Dancer Studios

Latest Month

December 2016
Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Teresa Jones